Suffern Middle School in Virtual Worlds

A running account of the process of the proposal, acquisition, development and integration of a virtual presence for education at Suffern Middle School, Suffern, New York, USA.

Suffern Middle School in Virtual Worlds

Student Entrepreneurs Blog Their Experience

January 18, 2007 · 45 Comments · Musings

The following comments will be a running dialogue of the student entrepreneurs’ experience on Ramapo.

45 Comments

• Anonymous

andrade hillburn
    today I tryed creating clothing and building some stuff. I still don’t get how to create clothing, but i kept trying.

• Anonymous

today, i tried to make my shop. it is in my inventory. i must put it in a place so it stays there. I plan to sell cars.

• Anonymous

Alvencar Hillburn – I have the coolest jacket today and plan on making much more. I may even start my own company.

• Anonymous

-Werfel Hillburn
    today i learned how to make myself teleport and i made more friends. i still am not sure what business i wanted to start but i have a few i deas. i have been using more controls and get more experienced each day. _

• Anonymous

gorton hillburn—

today chaser brody taught us and gave us ideas on building a club. I’m going to work for nicholson hillburn and newmeyer hillburn and i hope it goes well!!

• Anonymous

pirc hillburn
    today i worked on my appearance today and i learned a lot about moving around and talking to people me and my partner are going to start our business tomorow

• Anonymous

I am going to build a shop to sell cars in. I have started on the shop and i am going to somehow try to make cars
    -Soares Hillburn

• Anonymous

zuhusky hillburn

today I had an idea of buliding a shadow the hedgehog club near the dance floor. it is going to have games, soda, fun. its going to rock

• Anonymous

pascrealla hillburn
    i learned to builded stuff and pay people

• Anonymous

Dorrian Hillburn

I learned how to work on 2nd life better. I still don’t know how to make a teeshirt and I hope that I will learn how to do this tomorrow

• Anonymous

Niederhoffer Hillburn-

I planned out what my and my partner’s responsibilities are with our business. He will get furniture while I make houses. Also I tryed to get requirenments for each house like a door script.

• Anonymous

Lagudi Hillburn

My experience has been getting better. Me and lucasl hillburn are trying to build a place were we can see baseball things. we are learing as we go. I hope to build my building soon

• Anonymous

colangelo hillburn
    i didn’t get a lot of work done today, becasue when i logged on my avitar it wouldn’t move i only saw the piont of views of my avitar’s eyes.When poeple tried teloporting me it wouldn’t let me go. The spot i was in was rockland. Today i wanted to make some clothes but i couldn’t.

• Anonymous

ortiz hillburn

today i looked for my baseball field and tried to ask the people who placed many thing in there to move them. that did not work out very well.

• Anonymous

Ruthberg Hilburn,
    Today i got very frustrated. I couldnt walk or fly all that happened when i moved my arrows is my view changed. However i learned how to build a box and use some of the building tools. I dont like second life!

• Anonymous

JoiseusHillburn

today I learned how to build a bench and even thow i am not finished it is looking good

• Anonymous

Mariani,
    Today i decided on making and selling female handbags. I did’t get that far because i was having trouble on how to do that. But my price for them are $15 each.

• Anonymous

Gattegno,
    today i bought shoes, nd was tryin to creat different typs of shoes to wear. also, im seeling them for $20 a pair.

• Anonymous

I decided to make nic nacs for the house and yard and have been sucsesful so far. -shine hillburn

• Anonymous

today was so stressful, me and my partner had trouble making our track but now we under stand what to do. next class we are hoping to finish our track and hopefully it will be a success.

• Anonymous

Matthew Simpson

Today making a car seemed harder than it looked. Hopefully the computer lab will be clear and maybe I could get help with it. But it will be a long way before I can make the car to work though.

• Anonymous

hasbrouck hillburn

I had trouble today because it is hard to create something and think about a business you would like to start.

• Anonymous

pitts,kaldany, ramon

today we didn’t get far, mainly we figured out what we were going to do. decided for jetpacks, but couldn’t make any. trying to figure out how to make them

• Anonymous

stewart, graesser, shepard…we didnt get very far today because the computers. we thought of a good business idea, to make a snack bar thing and sell it. tomorrow we are going to try to start building it.

• Anonymous

Dubbs Hillburn

I took my snapshot, and got 200 lindens . I am not sure what businesss i will do…i will decide next time!

• Anonymous

Nicholson Hillburn

I have been going on Second life at home and I am having trouble makeing buildings and homes. If anyone could help me it would be great. Also I would like to get a job or have people partner with me Bye

• MaggieMarat

CHASER BRODY WANTS TO REMIND OUR STUDENT BLOGGERS TO BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR NAME (Second Life Name ONLY!) IN YOUR COMMENTS IN ORDER FOR US TO ASSESS HOW YOU ARE DOING AND WHO MIGHT NEED A HAND! *grins*
    YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

• Anonymous

EmilyC Hillburn

Today I made friend, took my snapshot, and got my lindens. I don’tt know what business im going to do, i was thinking of making fortune cookies, but when someone showed me what we build iwth, i dont really think i can do that anymore.

• Anonymous

Werfel Hillburn~Today i had new experiences and figured out how to do different things. Second Life is much more fun if you know what your doing and how to do it. I learned how to do new things like add friends and travel. It was nice to change your own figure into you and now i have to decide what business i want to start. I’m thinking of something anyone can go to and have fun at!!!

• Anonymous

Alvencar Hilburn – I took my snapshot and am thinking to start my own company

• Anonymous

Hammershlag Hillburn-

Today was my second day on. I discussed with my partner, johnson hillburn, on our building. I took my snapshot and poot it in my profile. I also made friends wth many class mates on second life.

• Anonymous

I am new to Second Life, and I am still trying to figure out a lot of this stuff. I am planning on going into the “sweet stuff” business and I will go in with my friend Meyers Hillburn. Hopefully it will be sucessful. Today I took my snapshot and got 200 lindens. It was good today but I still don’t understand everything, I am still learning!

• Anonymous

Nicholson Hillburn

I had the idea to start a club inside of the second life world. I have not yet built the building but I will start tommotrow or the next time. I am not sure what the lub will feature but I hoppe people like it. I can’t wait to start the business. I talked to my partner who is Newmeyer Hillburn. We will be partnering in this business. WE were succesful in finding the business today.

• Anonymous

alarcon hillburn
    i didint learn to much in second life today but its still fun to hang out

• Anonymous

creted a house delaney hillburn

• Anonymous

Bubel Hillburn

i thought about making a candy shop. I’m going to start small with a cart and if business picks up add more products and make it a store.

• Anonymous

colangelo hillburn
    today i worked with baccas hillburn & gerogia to make clothes because we want to build a store. We talked it over & started to plan it.

• Anonymous

Lagudi hillburn

My experience has not been fun. i have been looking for jobs and trying to build things i have had no success i hope it gets better

• Anonymous

Hirschman Hillburn

Today my computer wouldnt let me really go on. i looked at someones baseball feild. but that was all the time i had. hopefullly soon i could start a buisness (=

• Anonymous

capalbo hillburn

I tried biulding a house but it didnt work very well then i added freinds and chatted with people

• Anonymous

Hirschman Hillburn

Today my computer would only let me on for a certian amount of time. all i did was go into someones baseball feild and i tried to get into a car (= i think that soon i will start to try to sell clothes.

• Anonymous

Niederhoffer Hillburn–

I made a partnership with Jacob Aronoff. We are making houses which we will sell.

• Anonymous

Jacob Aronoff–

For my project, I am in a partnership with Evan Niederhoffer. We will be selling and making homes.

• Anonymous

Baccas Hillburn…
    Today i started a clothing store with Colangelo Hillburn. But before we did we asked Georgia abot how to start it. I am very exciting to start my buisness!!

• Anonymous

Glassman Hillburn:

Today I started my baseball field. I was able to create the mound and the first base line. I could have made more but I had to help alot of people. I can’t wait until next time!!!!